Monday, October 12, 2015

Things are going well here in St.Louis. I went to a baptism for our District leader and his companion for a woman named Shakirra. She is super awesome. They found her like 2 weeks ago. Super fast! She is so solid. We went because I was asked to sing I Feel My Savior's Love. It was such a spiritual experience to be there. There was a very strong spirit and it was amazing! Marta is getting baptized, hopefully on the 23rd or something close to that. There is a memorial service that was scheduled for the same day as Marta's baptism, so we decided not to do her baptism at the Frontenac building. But her family lives a few hours away. So, we are trying to figure out how we can get her baptized and allow her to go to the Family thing they are having that they booked a place for so it is at a particular time. THings are just crazy. It is just Satan trying to throw us a curve ball. Everything will work out though. This is the last week of the transfer. WE have been working crazy hard. My companion hasn't been feeling very well this week. I saw Sister Rapp on Sunday. She poked her head in the little window of our Sunday school room right as class was starting and David, the recent convert we meet with and I just bolted out of the room. I was so excited to see her. She was there for a confirmation in the Singles Branch. It was so great to see her. Life is crazy as ever. Less actives are still difficult to get in contact with, investigators are still difficult to find, but I am convinced that we will see blessings in other ways for our diligence in tracting and reaching out to others.

The scripture I ponderized this week was Hebrews 11:6 But without Faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

(I actually memorized this!- I know crazy- i am still working on the HTBT points- I still have most of The Best Two Years memorized though, in case you were wondering). Well this transfer has just gone way too fast! I am done with 12 week! We are excited to continue to work hard and reach our goal for our Vision to Baptize challenge. Have you ever read Vision to Baptize? It is great, I would highly recommend it. I am so incredibly thrilled for Colin and Keira to get baptized! send me lots and lots of pictures.

Something that was really cool about being at Shakirra's baptism was that I saw the baptism from the missionaries point of view. We were in the bathroom with her before she got baptized and she looking down with her elbows on the countertop and she just told us that she knew this is what God wanted her to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment