Sunday, October 11, 2015

September 28, 2015

So we met with Marta this week and committed her to be baptized!!! Yeah! But she is leaving again this week and she will be back the week of her baptism, so it will be a funky schedule but we will be able to teach her all that she needs to know. She is super spiritual and has shared with us about her deep desire to go to the temple because she went to an open house once and felt the spirit very strongly. This week has been great. We had exchanges with the STL's so I went to Fenton for a couple of days. We visited a lot of less actives and invited them to the Women's Broadcast and a few of them came! I am so excited for general conference! So, we helped David, one of our recent converts dig up his mother in laws ashes on Saturday. and he made me carry them across the street because we reburied them in another relatives yard because the lady's husband got remarried and they wanted to move the ashes. So, David had us did them up and then dig a whole for the ashes to be put in.
This recent convert has taught me a lot. He is really close to the spirit but he is kinda crazy. He wants to rule the world, basically and he has plans to do it, too. He gives all of his missionaries nicknames. I am jynx. Well, he really wants to get his patriarchal blessing, so we were talking to him about them the other day and he looks at me and he is like God is telling me something, (because he gets promptings really easily it is the coolest thing) You are very special, I haven't figured out why yet but I was supposed to help you learn about being a leader. So her was asking me about my blessing and I was thinking about it and I realized that I don't have it. I will need to have a copy sent to me because I have been thinking about it a lot since then and I can't recall anything monumental. I have been thinking about my calling as a missionary with regards to my blessing though. It talks about me having confidence in preaching the gospel. 
 
My blessing has come up for a while now, so I am going to order a copy to be sent to me. Anyway, it was kinda an unusual experience. I know though that I need to develop more faith. It has been an interesting week. I have been thinking about being a consecrated missionary.
 
So, now I can say that I have dug up a dead person... kinda.

No comments:

Post a Comment