Monday, August 3, 2015

First week in St. Louis

Monday, August 3, 2015

My companion is Amazing! This area is difficult though because people are rich and aren't really looking for anything in their lives, ya know. I feel like a sponge, I have learned so much! I am really working on recognizing the spirit. I have been studyihng about the Doctrine of Christ. The mission president is great. His wife is sooo sweet. They are very organized and know what they are doing. I hope everyone does well in school! Mission life is the best. We stayed the first night in the mission home and it was wonderful we have a delicious breakfast and then went to the transfer meeting where I met my mom! She was so sweet and gave me a present with scarves and cards and things in it. I have been able to help people and really focus on why we are here. I can't wait to get people to the temple! I have realized that helping people Come unto Christ is going to be such a rewarding experience as I forget myself and work hard. I couldn't have asked for a better companion. She is amazing! I am learning so much. We need more people to teach though! My favorite thing was probably the baptism we attended. It was for a 8 year old boy. Four generations of his family was there. It was really spiritual but it was right after we had had a pretty draining lesson about the plan of salvation with one of our investigators. I love you and am so excited to be an exactly obedient missionary for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!
Tell everyone I love them, especially mom! Mom is the most amazing person I could ask to have in my life. I love you dad, you have taught me so well and I am prepared to preach the gospel.
I really do miss you and mom so much, but I can't imagine any place I would rather be! I love this gospel and I can't wait to teach people about eternal families like ours!
Love

Sister Favero

No comments:

Post a Comment